Spruce Finance is committed to helping people reduce their utility bills and improve their homes and environment by offering consumer financing solutions for residential energy efficiency improvements and solar systems. We make our finance products available on a single software platform and sell them through a national network of verified channel partners. Our platform simplifies the sales experience for our channel partners and helps them sustainably grow their businesses. A private company headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Houston, Anaheim, and New York, we operate in all 50 states and Washington, DC. We have raised more than $2B in financing and currently serve 70,000 homeowners.
Finance products for residential solar – including loans, leases, power purchase agreements, and property-assessed clean energy (PACE) financing – are available in 23 states, and financing for home efficiency improvements is available in all 50 states. Spruce’s national reach and full product suite enable the company to capture more share of business from its channel because clients can access multiple finance products for a wide variety of home improvements on a single platform. Spruce is also able to capture a greater share of wallet from consumers by offering them the financing they want for the energy efficiency home improvement they need, and creating a long-term relationship that enables additional sales of complementary improvements down the road.
If you are interested in joining our Spruce team and want to learn more about our mission, we’d like to meet you.
THE ROLE: Marketing Manager
Spruce is seeking a professional with experience marketing to B2B and/or consumer finance sectors and is passionate about the customer experience. The Marketing Manager will market Spruce finance products and services to drive awareness and growth in the Energy Efficiency and Solar channel verticals. This role has high visibility throughout the firm and requires the ability to learn quickly, adapt to a changing environment and build strong cross-functional relationships.
She/He will be dedicated to creating marketing content and driving initiatives that enable sales and build customer loyalty and engagement. She/He is a self-starter who works effectively with minimal supervision.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute marketing plans and lead channel campaigns to promote awareness, increase branch reach and build engagement across the value chain nationwide.
- Manage marketing strategy and customer segmentations to deliver on business and revenue goals.
- Effectively position our products and services to create clear value propositions and messaging with a focus on areas of differentiation or competitive advantages in our markets.
- Develop and maintain collateral, pitch presentations, sales enablement tools and talking points to support partner acquisition and retention efforts.
- Partner with sales team on the successful acquisition, retention and overall account management efforts through sales enablement tools.
- Partner with the product team on strategies, plans and tactics to launch, market, and gain adoption of services and programs that drive partner retention and loyalty.
- Grow channel partnerships by managing email campaigns, field marketing events, optimizing loyalty programs and running and fulfilling sales promotions.
- Ensure smooth operations of outbound email communications.
- Ensure legal, marketing, and brand compliance is met in all marketing efforts, including channel partner marketing.
- Manage internal and external online resource centers and partner portals, ensuring content is up to date.
- Manage and prioritize new features, enhancements, and marketing content on consumer portal, ensuring brand integrity.
- Manage content for partner channel sections of the corporate website, and work with corporate marketing team ensuring content is up-to-date and available to the right audiences.
- Manage the Channel Marketing budget, implement success measurements and report quarterly metrics.
- Support team objectives as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ year track-record in creating and delivering sales enablement tools and content in B2B or B2C businesses.
- Experience in energy efficiency, solar, home improvement or consumer finance preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically writing for marketing and presentations.
- Proficient in Abobe InDesign and Microsoft Powerpoint. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
- Proficient in email campaign management via marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, Marketo, or Eloqua.
- Experience in CMS or partner portals such as Salesforce Communities a plus.
- Proven success in launching programs from inception through full integration.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities, work cross-functionally, and competently manage multiple project initiatives at once.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to multitask, meet deliverables and manage internal and external deadlines.
- Strong relationship skills, leading and motivating internal peers and external business partners.
- Be hands-on and able to complete tasks alone as well as within a team.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We value a diverse work environment. Spruce is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.