Spruce Finance is committed to helping people reduce their utility bills and improve their homes and environment by offering consumer financing solutions for residential energy efficiency improvements and solar systems. We make our finance products available on a single software platform and sell them through a national network of verified channel partners. Our platform simplifies the sales experience for our channel partners and helps them sustainably grow their businesses. A private company headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Houston and New York, we operate in all 50 states and Washington, DC. We have raised more than $2B in project finance and currently serve 70,000 homeowners.
Finance products for residential solar – including loans, leases, power purchase agreements, and property-assessed clean energy (PACE) financing – are available in 23 states, and financing for home efficiency improvements is available in all 50 states. Spruce’s national reach and full product suite enable the company to capture more share of business from its channel because clients can access multiple finance products for a wide variety of home improvements on a single platform. Spruce is also able to capture a greater share of wallet from consumers by offering them the financing they want for the energy or efficiency home improvement they need and creating a long-term relationship that enables additional sales of complementary improvements down the road.
If you are interested in joining our Spruce team and want to learn more about our mission, we’d like to meet you.
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates and administers human resources services for all phases the employee life-cycle.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administers company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements
- Processes and submits multiple payroll entities and frequencies; trouble shoots and resolves pay issues
- Coordinates the hiring process, including but not limited to acquiring hiring approval, posting positions, conducting background screening, preparing job confirmation letters, setting up building access, and internal communication
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees are prepared for success at Spruce, and that they gain an understanding of eligible benefits, programs and practices
- Assists with employees exiting the organization which may include internal communication, processing of the termination, and required employee communications
- Supports internal processes and manages data entry and paperwork related to the full employee life cycle from hiring to performance reviews to leaves of absence to disciplinary action to terminations and more
- Responds to employee questions as they may relate to employee benefits issues and/or directs or contacts PEO for assistance with resolution. This includes coordinating paperwork related to benefits, retirement plans, LOAs, COBRA continuation, workers’ compensation, and unemployment
- Maintains human resources information in systems and employee records; performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, scanning, and mailing
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the Human Resources department and services performed
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Builds effective relationships with employees and provide seamless first line Human Resources support; be involved proactively with the business
- Promotes Spruce’s culture and values
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent, four to six years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations. Certified HR Professional a plus
- Experience processing payroll and resolving pay related matters
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow; acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proficient on MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Docs, Gmail and Calendar, HRIS experience a plus
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines and make sound decisions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels; strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to travel periodically throughout the year
- Spruce employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health benefits and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value a diverse work environment. Spruce is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.