Spruce is at the forefront of the clean energy economy, which employs more than 3 million people, according to a recent Advanced Energy Economy report. Residential solar and energy efficiency are among the fastest-growing industries in the U.S. – a 2017 report by The Solar Foundation found that solar jobs grew 17 times faster than the overall economy.
The combined current addressable market for Spruce’s solar and energy efficiency businesses is approximately $70B.
We’ve raised more than $2.5B to help homeowners save money and improve their homes, communities, and the planet, and currently serve nearly 70,000 homeowners.
If you are interested in joining our Spruce team and want to learn more about our mission, we’d like
to meet you.
Manage and organize Spruces physical operations and procedures, including but not limited to IT, documents and contracts, facilities, procurement and administration.
• Liaison with outsourced IT vendor (MicroMenders) to analyze and implement improved and advanced technological solutions; establish processes and procedures for systems administration and support to all personnel.
• Ensure set-up of new user accounts for all needed tools: email, shared files, desk phone, Portals, etc.; closes out old user accounts; ensure system security via passwords and other methods
• Support administration and management of Houston based office productivity tools (Box.net, RingCentral, WebEx, vendor management systems)
• Regularly inspects company equipment; oversee maintenance of property including but not limited to offices, production areas, public areas, and equipment, through development and implementation of preventive maintenance program; negotiate and monitor purchase and lease contracts
• Works with property management to oversee maintenance of the Company’s physical operations; HVAC system, refrigeration, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, plumbing, water treatment, and electric systems
• Plan utilization of space and facilities; inspect office areas for suitability of use; work with property management to ensure compliance with all city and state building codes and all local, state, and federal regulations
• Ensure that property management has up-to-date insurance information. Manage all necessary insurance documentation pertaining to leases and office construction
• Conduct all pre-planning and coordination of office moves, additions, and/or changes; coordinate all necessary work to accomplish moves/additions/changes: cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions
• Interface with appropriate staff/managers to receive information regarding facilities’ needs; ensure timely response to requests; interface with appropriate staff/managers, building engineers, and outside contractors to review and/or develop construction plans; coordinate communication with and work of outside contractors
• Manage office keys; executive offices, conference/meeting rooms, filing cabinets, under desk file caddies, and storage units
• Ensure that operational supplies are well stocked and readily available at all times
• Facilitate build-out for future office expansion and/or upgrades if needed
• Manage internal/facility signage initiatives and update company name across internal/external channels (company-issued credit card, outside vendor accounts, etc.) if needed
• Manages staffing changes: identifying individuals desk locations, ensuring equipped with supplies needed, creating badges, setting up company directory profiles, requesting parking access, terminating system and facilities access when off-boarding
• Approve accounts payable invoices related to Office Services; recurring facility expenses, office supplies
• Develop and monitor office budget; ensure office activities are conducted within budgetary restrictions; initiate cost reduction programs
• Responsible for helping manage Casto Travel; account contact and management, approve travel itineraries outside of policy/budget
• Assist with general clerical/administrative duties as needed; maintaining executive calendars, filing, preparing reports and correspondence, and front desk coverage
• Manage office shipping needs, PO Box account and coordinate mail pick-up
• Coordinate local office events and meetings
• Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned by Management
• Cultivate an environment of trust, teamwork, accountability, self-confidence, and business ownership
Qualifications and Skills
• Eight plus (8+) years of relevant professional experience
• Background in administration, operations, human resources and/or facilities management
• Experienced at influencing others
Spruce offers competitive benefits and a collaborative, purpose-driven, high-energy culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value a diverse work environment. Spruce is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.