Spruce is at the forefront of the clean energy economy, which employs more than 3 million people, according to a recent Advanced Energy Economy report. Residential solar and energy efficiency are among the fastest-growing industries in the U.S. – a 2017 report by The Solar Foundation found that solar jobs grew 17 times faster than the overall economy.
The combined current addressable market for Spruce’s solar and energy efficiency businesses is approximately $70B.
We’ve raised more than $2.5B to help homeowners save money and improve their homes, communities, and the planet, and currently serve nearly 70,000 homeowners.
The Homeowner Support Manager is responsible for building and growing an outstanding customer care team in the rapidly growing solar industry, ensuring that our solar customers receive the best possible service once their systems have been installed. Specifically, the Homeowner Support Manager is responsible for developing and managing a team that ensures all homeowner inquiries related to billing, credit, monitoring, and transferring of solar agreements are answered and resolved in a prompt and professional manner. The role also has responsibility for collaboration and oversight of external customer service and collections providers. The Homeowner Support Manager will be expected to serve as a single point of contact for the team’s day-to-day operations while also working directly with senior management to ensure the department is supporting corporate objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, manage, and mentor a team of Homeowner Support agents, ensuring quality responses and prompt resolutions to all homeowner inquiries and requests
- Play an instrumental role in defining the customer experience at key written, phone, and online touchpoints
- Manage the creation of regular reporting to track the performance of the Homeowner Support Team across key metrics
- Develop and implement new policies, processes, and procedures that improve the customer experience and ensure the efficient delivery of customer care services
- Oversee and coordinate interaction with other internal departments and external service providers to ensure all homeowner issues are promptly resolved in a professional manner
- Collaborate with senior management to resolve escalated customer issues
- Collaborate with the System Monitoring Team to answer system-related homeowner questions and establish new policies and best practices related to solar equipment and performance
- Work closely with Spruce Installer Partners to address critical homeowner concerns that involve both parties
- Work collaboratively with the Operations teams to ensure new capabilities, policies, products, and tools are designed appropriately and implemented in a way that minimizes disruption to the Organization and the Partner channel
- Encourage and identify ways to improve accuracy, speed and capacity to resolve customer requests
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years’ experience managing customer service teams in a call center environment
- 5+ years’ experience in a team lead, supervisor, or higher position
- Ability to manage and drive performance within and between multiple teams
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to unique customer care challenges
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively address situations before they become escalated issues
- Ability to collaboratively, yet firmly, negotiate with internal business partners and third-party vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and cognitive skills
- Comfortable working hard in a fast paced environment
- Customer Service experience in the financial services, retail energy, and/or residential solar industry preferred
- Prior exposure to consumer collections preferred
Spruce offers competitive benefits and a collaborative, purpose-driven, high-energy culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value a diverse work environment. Spruce is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration to race, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.