Spruce Finance is committed to helping people reduce their utility bills and improve their homes and communities by offering financing solutions for residential energy efficiency improvements, including solar, through a national network of verified channel partners. Our software platform simplifies the sales experience for our channel partners and helps them sustainably grow their businesses. A private company headquartered in San Francisco, we operate in all 50 states and Washington, DC. We’ve raised over $2B in project finance and serve over 70,000 homeowners and counting.
We’re seeking a professional with experience marketing to B2B and/or consumer finance sectors and is passionate about the customer journey and experience. The Email Marketing / Marketing Operations Manager will develop and execute a marketing automation strategy that drives lead conversions, and engagement, adoption, and retention with active customers. This role requires someone with a deep understanding of developing and using marketing technology in a B2B model.
She/He will be dedicated to driving online marketing initiatives, ensuring program success through tooling, experimentation, data and insights. She/He will be dedicated to creating compelling marketing content and email campaigns that drive sales enablement across Spruce’s national network of channel partners. She/He is a self-starter who works effectively with minimal supervision.
- Execute marketing plans to deliver on business and revenue goals, including but not limited to: email drip and nurture campaigns, loyalty programs and sales promotions.
- Effectively segment customers and develop channel campaigns that drive awareness, engagement, retention, and advocacy with Spruce’s national network of channel partners throughout their customer journey.
- Develop KPIs and deliver regular reporting on campaign effectiveness. Quickly test and iterate.
- Define success metrics, create a standard reporting framework, analyze data/reports, and make recommendations to optimize program performance
- Create digital content with compelling calls to action
- Build test frameworks (A/B tests, tracking, etc.) to continually improve campaign metrics such as click-through and conversion rates
- Take an active role in making recommendations on Spruce’s data capture and maintenance strategy (i.e. web forms, progressive profiles, data hygiene). Understand how to prioritize list pull activities, including list scrubbing, importing, and processing
- Train and drive adoption of marketing automation tools with internal marketing, sales teams and other marketing automation stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years experience in marketing operations with demonstrated success in creating, testing and executing campaigns
- Proficient in email campaign execution via marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, Marketo, or Hubspot
- Certified in Pardot, Marketo, or Salesforce a plus
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com and the integration with marketing automation platforms
- Proficient in HTML
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience writing for digital marketing content (e.g. email, landing pages, knowledge base articles).
- Ability to articulate complex workflows, dependencies, solutions, and trade-offs
- Highly organized. Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities, work cross-departmentally, and competently manage multiple project initiatives at once.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to multitask, meet deliverables and manage internal and external deadlines and stakeholder expectations.
- Strong relationship skills, leading and motivating internal peers and external business partners.
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
- Experience in solar, home improvement or consumer finance preferred.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities, work with multiple stakeholders, and competently manage multiple project initiatives at once.
- B2B experience preferred. Experience in solar finance, home improvement or consumer finance a plus
- Be hands-on and able to complete tasks alone as well as within a team.
Spruce employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health benefits and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value a diverse work environment. Spruce is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.