Spruce Finance is committed to helping people reduce their utility bills and improve their homes and communities by offering financing solutions for residential energy efficiency improvements, including solar, through a national network of verified channel partners. Our software platform simplifies the sales experience for our channel partners and helps them sustainably grow their businesses. A private company headquartered in San Francisco, we operate in all 50 states and Washington, DC. We’ve raised over $2B in project finance and serve over 70,000 homeowners and counting.
We’re seeking a professional with experience marketing to B2B and/or consumer finance sectors and is passionate about the customer journey and experience. The Marketing Manager will market Spruce finance products and services to drive awareness and growth in Spruce’s Solar and Efficiency channel verticals. This role has high visibility throughout the company and requires the ability to learn quickly, adapt to a changing environment and build strong relationships.
She/He will be dedicated to creating compelling marketing content and email campaigns that drive sales enablement across Spruce’s national network of channel partners. She/He is a self-starter who works effectively with minimal supervision.
- Execute marketing plans to deliver on business and revenue goals, including but not limited to: email drip and nurture campaigns, loyalty programs and sales promotions.
- Effectively segment customers and develop channel campaigns that drive awareness, engagement, retention, and advocacy with Spruce’s national network of channel partners throughout their customer journey.
- Develop KPIs and deliver regular reporting on campaign effectiveness. Quickly test and iterate.
- Develop and maintain digital content, including collateral, pitch presentations, knowledge base articles, and other sales enablement tools to support partner acquisition and retention efforts. Ensure content is up to date in knowledge base and other digital libraries.
- Effectively position our products and services to create clear value propositions and messaging with a focus on areas of differentiation or competitive advantages in our markets.
- Partner with sales team on the successful acquisition, retention and overall account management efforts through sales enablement tools.
- Partner with product team on strategies, plans and tactics to launch, market, and gain adoption of services and programs that drive partner retention and loyalty.
- Ensure legal, marketing, and brand compliance is met in all marketing efforts, including channel partner marketing.
- Manage and prioritize new features, enhancements, and marketing content on channel partner and consumer portals, ensuring brand integrity.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of marketing experience.
- 3+ year track-record in creating and delivering sales enablement tools and content in B2B or B2B2C businesses.
- Proven success in launching marketing programs and campaigns from inception through full integration.
- Proficient with customer list segmentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience writing for digital marketing content (e.g. email, landing pages, knowledge base articles).
- Highly organized. Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities, work cross-departmentally, and competently manage multiple project initiatives at once.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to multitask, meet deliverables and manage internal and external deadlines and stakeholder expectations.
- Strong relationship skills, leading and motivating internal peers and external business partners.
- Be hands-on and able to complete tasks alone as well as within a team.
- Experience in Salesforce to marketing automation integrations a plus.
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
- Experience in solar, home improvement or consumer finance preferred.
Spruce employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health benefits and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value a diverse work environment. Spruce is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.