Spruce is at the forefront of the clean energy economy, which employs more than 3 million people, according to a recent Advanced Energy Economy report. Residential solar and energy efficiency are among the fastest-growing industries in the U.S. – a 2017 report by The Solar Foundation found that solar jobs grew 17 times faster than the overall economy.
The combined current addressable market for Spruce’s solar and energy efficiency businesses is approximately $70B.
We’ve raised more than $2.5B to help homeowners save money and improve their homes, communities, and the planet, and currently serve nearly 70,000 homeowners.
Oversees loan accounting and reporting, general ledger reconciliation, and accounting policy development; computes and prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements.
- Oversees and/or prepares general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, Intercompany eliminations and bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end close; produces month-end financial reports and issues to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Develops, analyses and reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial data for management.
- Prepares, reviews, and interprets data for inclusion in financial reports, statements, and summaries.
- Reviews financial data for accuracy; identifies problems and supports day-to-day operations.
- Reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Assists with company cash flow analysis including but not limited to tracking cash flow activity, preparing reports, and analyzing information for management.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reporting and analyses for Controller and others.
- Supports policy development and offers advice regarding accounting and internal control issues, reporting needs, and policy review and changes.
- Manages accounts payable.
- Assists with annual external audits.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting or finance or equivalent
- Five years related experience or equivalent
- Must be ready to roll up sleeves and review detailed payment transactions and JE’s
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Proficient in Netsuite
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Spruce offers competitive benefits and a collaborative, purpose-driven, high-energy culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value a diverse work environment. Spruce is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration to race, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.