Spruce is at the forefront of the clean energy economy, which employs more than 3 million people, according to a recent Advanced Energy Economy report. Residential solar and energy efficiency are among the fastest-growing industries in the U.S. – a 2017 report by The Solar Foundation found that solar jobs grew 17 times faster than the overall economy.
The combined current addressable market for Spruce’s solar and energy efficiency businesses is approximately $70B.
We’ve raised more than $2.5B to help homeowners save money and improve their homes, communities, and the planet, and currently serve nearly 70,000 homeowners.
If you are interested in joining our Spruce team and want to learn more about our mission, we’d like to meet you.
Responsible for performing analysis and generating actionable recommendations for improving Operations performance in a leading residential energy finance company.
Report to the Fleet Operations Manager, the analyst is expected to work closely with the performance engineering team and help automate detection/diagnosis of under performing systems. He/she is also expected to create/automate weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports and perform analysis to guide data-driven business decisions. Ability to dive deep into data to arrive at insights that inform tactical and strategic efforts, requires attention to detail and the aptitude to tell a complete and actionable story through data and analysis.
- Generate and maintain reports to track fleet performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Lead a weekly Operations metrics meeting where Management reviews team performance and highlight opportunities for improving fleet performance, dispatch, team efficiency etc.
- Define Key Performance Indicators and methods for tracking these KPIs for vendors and in-house Operations groups
- Extract, parse and translate large production data sets in to meaningful reports
- Perform deep-dive analysis as required to generate actionable steps for improving Operations performance or support data-driven business decisions for tactical or strategic initiatives
- Work closely with the performance engineering team to develop a system of automated alerts for detecting underperformance, track fund contract compliance metrics in Spruce MSA and ensure compliance
- Generate/Automate reporting in Power BI and Tableau that can be used by management to inform decisions and track fleet performance
- Work closely with various data service providers, maintain data quality and maintain/improve automated dispatch system
- Create and present analysis to upper management
- Build simple data extracts for internal users
- Provide on-going support to fleet team
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven experience with a combination of SQL, SSRS, Tableau, Power BI, Excel
- Ability to write SQL queries and work with relational databases
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with programming languages including Python and R is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau or other similar data visualization software
- Proven focus on and experience with generating actionable recommendations through data-driven analysis
- Ability to understand how data maps to business processes and to make recommendations on how to adjust procedures to gain efficiencies, increase quality or improve service
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
Spruce offers competitive benefits and a collaborative, purpose-driven, high-energy culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value a diverse work environment. Spruce is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration to race, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.